Glass-ionomer restorative materials
The restorative options available today.
- What materials are advised for which indications (composites, high viscosity GI, compomers, amalgam…)—only an overview
- GI’s core advantages and their main indications (only an overview)
- GIs as a material of choice for the desired indications- focus on temporaries, long term temporaries, fissure protections, Class V (more detailed)
- Clinical cases as examples
- Clinical advantages including: moisture tolerance, caries protection, ease and speed of use.
- Even though GI are mechanically weak, clinically they are strong enough and give advantages that are unique for them (pulp friendly, remineralization potential).
- To understand where GIs fit into the range of modern restorative materials
- To be fully aware of the uses of GIs in contemporary dentistry
- To appreciate the advantages of GIs relative to other available materials
C.E. Credits: 1 CE
Release date: Monday, September 5, 2016
Expiration date: Thursday, September 5, 2019